I'm 60ish, so what?

It's all about me................

Friday, October 17, 2008

Again..

Here I am, at long last. I had a lapse of memory - it comes with the territory.

Ya know - it seems that the older we get, the busier we become. How do you explain this? It is starting to be a problem for me because there are a million things on my bucket list and I don't know how I will finish them all. Ralphy thinks I need a time management program and I think he needs a mind-your-own-damn-business class.

Anyway, speaking of food, I made a fabulous pan of brownies yesterday. This recipe comes from that gorgeous hunk, Tyler Florence, and it is very easy to make.

Here we go:

Amaretto Chocolate Brownies
2 sticks unsalted butter
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (I used two 4-ounce bars)
1 1/4 C. flour
1 teas. baking powder
pinch kosher salt
4 large eggs
2 T. amaretto
Oven to 350. Line a 9-in square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang so you can take them out of the pan. Grease the parchment paper with some butter. Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler and stir til smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Using a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, and amaretto on high speed about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and slowly pour in melted chocolate mixture, just to combine. Gradually add flour mix and incorporate just til combined.
Put batter in pan - bake 50 minutes til tester is clean. Remove from oven and then lift out the brownies (carefully!) to a rack to cool.
---------------------
These are thick, gooey, luscious, rich, and sexy. To top it off, I made Cocoa Whipped Cream. Make sure your bowl and beater are clean and ice cold. I put mine in the freezer for an hour before I make whipped cream. For a regular sized amount of whipped cream, I use: 1 C. heavy whipping cream. I beat it on high until the soft peaks start to form. Then, add 3 T. powdered sugar and beat another minute maybe. For this cocoa one, I also added 1 T. cocoa powder. This makes a very nice addition to a dreamy brownie!
You can only eat one of these before you start to faint. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture.
It is the weekend already! What is everyone doing? I might go out to a park tomorrow and take some pictures. I will share them with you if I do.
Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home