I'm 60ish, so what?

It's all about me................

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I think I am finally seeing the digital camera light!

My camera class went really well.  Actually, I hated to see it end.  Ya know all those burning questions like f stop, aperture?  What the hell is aperture?  What does the histogram tell me?  Am I holding my camera correctly?  This guy has a plethora of info - and it's all good stuff.  Not a lot of mumbo jumbo that no one understands.


I am in digital camera heaven.  And, guess what?  I have a homework assignment!  Can you imagine?  Me doing homework!  I have to bring in 10 photos so we can check for composition.  I am so excited about this.


Now - here's my problem.  I came home and immediately got my camera out and I can't even figure out how to get the photo to show up in the view finder.  My lovely daughter-in-law offered to help me this past weekend while we were in Atlanta but I didn't want to bother her as she is just moving in to a new home.  She would know, tho.  Her photos are professional quality.  Just perfect pictures - with seemingly no effort at all.  That's how I want to do it!  I just want to easily and correctly take a fricking beautiful picture.  This is going to be a work in progress, that's for sure.



On another subject, I have 170 more pages of Franklin and Lucy to read and tomorrow night is book club.  Do you think I will make it?  I need a big pot of Ralphy's perfectly brewed coffee.  


Also, we are leaving for Virginia on Friday morning and I need at least 3 dozen of my famous peanut butter cookies ready to go.  We are staying at Miss Aunt Sue's for a few days and I don't dare show up without my cookies.  On Sunday we will go over to see my brother who lives about 30 miles from Miss Aunt Sue's and he will definitely be sniffing around for the cookies.  I must make them tomorrow!!!  And package them so they will look nice when presented.  It's all about the presentation, ya know.


That's it, girls.  I am tired tonight and I just got my brand spanking new issues of Livng (Martha's mag) and Oprah Magazine.  I can't wait to sit in the corner and slowly devour them.


Be kind to one another.


Love

(I know my spacing is wrong - I am trying to correct this)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home