I'm 60ish, so what?

It's all about me................

Friday, November 20, 2009

Plethora

I love this word.  Plethora.  I am impressed when someone uses it.  It is an adjective meaning full, or containing the highest amount, or abundance.  Plethora.  It just sounds so important, doesn't it?  Kinda highfalutin, huh?  This is another fascinating word.  Highfalutin.  Here I thought is was just something that some old cowboy like Gabby Hayes would have used.  This word is also an adjective that mean pompous, or pretentious.  Wouldn't it sound funny, tho, to say that someone was a highfalutin ass instead of a pompous ass?  I mean, the list goes on and on.  Words are such interesting little things.  We usually do not think about the functions of words.  Where did they all come from?  Who thunk them up?

I have no idea why I went off on that subject.  I forgot already.  Oh yeah!  Plethora.  Tonight I have a plethora of subjects to talk about.

First of all, I certainly hope and pray that you all are recycling as much as you can.  Which brings me to those pesky, annoying little styrofoam peanuts that you get in boxes.  Do not throw them in the trash!!!  Your local UPS store is taking them and reusing them!  I did not know this until last night - a couple of hours after I dumped a ton of them in the garbage can.  I had to scurry to pick the clean ones out so that they could be reused.  

Second - this is huge.  I found a website that will make your skirt fly up.  It is www.blackfridayinfo.com.  This site gives you a zillion stores and their Door Buster Deals just at the tip of your fingers!!  Girls, it doesn't get much easier than this.  You can pull up the site and, with pen and paper, go ahead from store to store and see what you want, how much it is, etc. Make your list and check it twice.  

Third - Listen to this.  I found a sweet potato recipe that you might like - especially if you will be rushed.  This makes 12 but, of course, make what you want.

Stuffed Sweet Potatoes w/Pecan and Marshmallow Struesel
(compliments of that handsome Tyler Florence on the Food Network)
Preheat oven to 400

12 large sweet potatoes
3/4 C. unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 C. light brown sugar
3/4 C. flour
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1 C. toasted pecan pieces ( I never toast mine - I think it's a time waster)
1 C. miniature marshmallows

Bake or microwave your sweet potatoes until done (the method I use depends on my mood).
Mix butter, brown sugar, and flour until crumbly-looking.  Add cinnamon, salt, pecans, marshmallows.  Fold it altogether to combine.

Slice the potato down the center and push the ends towards the middle so it opens up.  Generously stuff the spuds with the stuff and return them to the oven.  Bake for 20 minutes or so until the top is bubbly and brown.

Mmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmm.  I love sweet potatoes.  I would rather eat this than the whole damn turkey.  As a matter of fact, I don't even like turkey.  I would like to eat the sweet potato, stuffing, and pie and skip the bird altogether.  I wonder if I could get away with that.  

I guess this would be Fourth.  I saw this in Time Mag.  It is listed as one of the 50 best inventions of the year.

This year British textiles experts unveiled an 11-ft. long spider-silk cloth made in Madagascar.  Are you ready for this???  Each day 70 people collected thousands of golden orb spiders.  Now here's where my feet come off the floor.....  Workers carefully spooled out the saffron-hued filament from each spider before releasing it.  All told, the feat took four years, half a million dollars, and more than a million spiders and some bites.

Jesus H!!!!!!

That would be all that I have to say about that.

Fifth, here is a pretty little thought from one of my magazines.

"It is, indeed, THE SEASON of regenerated feeling - the season for kindling, not merely the fire of hospitality in the hall, but the genial flame of CHARITY in the heart".  

And last, but absolutely not least, I wish my beautiful girl a very happy birthday.

Love and pleasant thoughts..



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home