I'm 60ish, so what?

It's all about me................

Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm still here -

I have been traveling around so much these past few weeks that I just haven't had time for any updates.  Baltimore, Atlanta, Virginia, now back to Virginia this week.  This schedule would seriously maim a young person.  

I am going back because daughter, Miss Aunt Sue, and I are having a jammie party.  Can you imagine the fun?  Massage, facial, pedicures, manicures, dinner out, lunch out, UNO, wine, shopping, wine.  And - I will bet you that Miss Aunt Sue will provide bowls and bowls of M&M's.  She does those things, ya know.  It will be so nice to just go and have some fun with the girls.  My daughter-in-law can't come because she has just started a new job and has no time right now.  But that would have made it 100%, for sure.  Anyway - I will let you know what I buy.

Here is a question for you - have you heard of facial threading?  It is a method that Middle Eastern women use to remove hair from your face.  They take this thread and twist it around some how and out it comes.  Have you had it done?  I am seriously thinking about this as a solution to my problem.  I have threading, waxing, John Deere.  What a choice to make!  I am beginning to look like Chewbacca.  

Ok, Ok, I know you are waiting for the recipe of the day.  Here it is.  Do you have a pencil?  Unfortunately, I do not have any photos as of yet because I don't have my shit together enough right now to put my pictures on Flickr.  I just do not have time to do anything that I want to do.  I always seem to be doing 10 things at once and not one of them is what I want to do.  It's really starting to burn me up.  So - in due time, my pretties.
Anyway - here is the recipe:  This will be unbelievably delish and easy for your holiday soirees.


Baked Brie with Fresh Fruit

1 jar of apricot preserves (or whatever)
1 8oz. can of crescent roll dough
1 6oz round of brie cheese
***********************************
Preheat oven to crescent roll directions (350-375?)

On a baking sheet, roll out the dough to create one large piece, overlapping and crimping the sections together where needed.
Spread a thin layer of preserves all over the dough.

So far, so good?

 Now, put the brie in the middle of the dough - with or without the casing.  Carefully wrap the brie with the dough and crimp edges to keep in place.

Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes until the crescent dough begins to brown.  When finished, transfer to serving dish.

Now - here's where it gets seductive.....

While all this is going on....slice up a pear and an apple leaving the skin on.  Place the fruit around the brie and drizzle with some blackberry sauce or some other fruit sauce that you like.  Spread the warm cheese on the fruit or some crackers or a small baguette.

Then, squeal with delight.
Let me know what you think.

What book or books have you read recently?  Can you believe that I am still reading this Franklin and Lucy book?  It's been two months already, which is ridiculous.  This was LAST month's book club pick.  This month's pick is The Color of Water by James McBride.  Have you read this one?  I have no clue what it is even about and the club meeting is next week!!  Can I do it?  I am hoping to read it on the flight to BWI this weekend.

Then - guess what else I have?  Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.  Do you have that?  I haven't even opened the fricking box yet.  I wish I could be alone for about a month so I could work on my photography skills.  I have this fab new camera and this new software and I am up to my can in everything but....

I am going to try to get some photos taken this weekend, so I will put them up next week.

That's it, girls.  Send me a note and let me know what's shaking in your trees!

Love














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home