I'm 60ish, so what?

It's all about me................

Monday, October 26, 2009

Guess what?

I was on Facebook awhile back and I was looking around and I saw a picture of my oldest and dearest friend that I have not see in 20 years!!  Can you believe that?  We went to junior high together, high school.  She and I and another wonderful friend that I just saw this past summer used to spend practically every waking minute together.  During the week, weekends, rain, sleet, snow.  You get the picture.  

Of course, I emailed her immediately and she immediately responded.  We saw each other at a class reunion and then both of us got busy.  This is one of those huge regrets in life.  We missed volumes of good stuff.  Husbands came and went.  Kids born, grown, and gone.  Happy times and really hard times.  All this time is missing.  Twenty years!  1/3 of our lives missing.  Hard to believe. 

On the fantastic, fabulous, freaking unbelievable flip side is that she will be here tomorrow!!  With me!!  And Ralphy!!  She is flying in from Tucson to see us and stay with us a few days before she visits her sister that lives close by.  I can't remember when I was this excited.  I have been cooking and baking and chopping and mincing and cleaning like a mad dog.

Do you think I can lose 15 pounds by tomorrow?  Should I wear my Spanx?  

I'm dyin' here, girls.  More later!

Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home